Good Day Every Body And Merry XmasAm back with a new tick for windows users:
How To Hide Items From The Control Panel In Windows: Read Below For The Tutorial.
The control panel of the Windows is full of numerous setting options which all the users could surf through for various settings of the computer but for instance, the users most probably don’t use these all settings options while only a few of these are actually required. Out of these many settings the users have to find out the ones of their use every time they wish to perform some activity and this becomes somewhat difficult. To solve this thing there is one thing the users could apply that is hidden the items from the control panel which all are unnecessary. Yes, this is possible and it could be done through some method which gives you the control to remove or hide the items or the settings from the control panel. Here in this article, we have written about the method with which you could hide up the items or the options from the control panel and give it your custom look with functions. To know about the method just head on to the main part of the article which is given below, read about it after that!
How to Hide Items from the Control Panel in WindowsThe method requires to hack the Windows registry so please be careful about the method as any mistake could cause you the serious loss of your Windows and could cause it to render improperly.
Steps to Hide Items from the Control Panel in Windows:
1. Log on to the user account for which you wish to make up the changes, for multiple users, you have to repeat up the whole procedure to apply up to the effect to all of them.
2. After login to the account opens up the Registry Editor, this could be done through start button search bar by typing in the regedit. Press enter after that to access the Registry Editor and then give it the permission to make changes to the PC.
3. In the Registry Editor just use up the left sidebar to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
Make sure that the subkey Explorer exists inside the Policies key, if it is there then you could go to the next step unless you would have to first create up the one by right-clicking Policies Key and then choosing New and then Key. Name up the key as Explorer and that all.
4. Right click on the Explorer key and then choose New>DWORD(32-bit) value. For hiding up the items on the control panel name up the new DWORD as DisallowCPL and if you wish to make up the list of only items which should appear on the control panel then choose up the RestrictionCPL name.
5. Double-click on the new value you have now created and named and then from the properties window that appears just change the value from 0 to 1 in the Value Data box. Click OK button to turn on the settings.
Again Right click on the Explorer key and then choose New>key value. For hiding up the items on the control panel name up the new key as DisallowCPL and if you wish to make up the list of only items which should appear on the control panel then choose up the RestrictionCPL name.
6. Right click on the DisallowCPL key and then choose New>String Value. Name up the full value with the name of the control panel item you wish to remove. Double click on the new item to open up the properties box and type the full control panel item name for the same in the Value data box. That’s all the same item would be hidden from the control panel.
7. If you wish to remove some more items from the control panel they just follow the whole procedure for each of them and if you wish to revert up the changes then just change back the DisallowCPL or RestrictCPL value from 1 to 0 by the above steps. This is very a very easy method but make sure that you doesn’t commit any mistake as this could effect up your control panel or even the system!
That's All.As from the article, you have got up that the method isn’t too difficult or complex but any moderate user could apply it without any issues. It’s now your time to apply this method and give your Control panel all new look with the specified items on Windows. Hope you would like up the method, don’t forget to share your views.Thanks and do have a lovely day.